Tuesday, February 11, 2014

One Flu Over the Flu-Flu's Nest

Wanna hear the craziest thing about my flu experience this week?

Right after the New Year holiday break, I called my doctor's office to schedule a long-overdue physical. I did it because (a) I'm a responsible adult who takes my health and well-being seriously and (b) my mother freaked out when she had my dad Horace check my blood pressure at a holiday gathering and the reading was a bazillion over a bajillion (probably because mom was standing over me shouting "I BET YOU HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE LIKE YOUR FATHER!!!!!"

So anyway, the day before my physical, I start feeling like crap on a stick. My wife Anita made me call the doctor's office to see if they still wanted me to come in since I was feverish. They said, come on in; we see sick people, too.

They did all the terrible physical things and I made all my same terrible jokes ("Geez, you could offer to buy a guy dinner before doing THAT!") and then they said they wanted to test me for flu.

I saw this test performed on my daughter Pisa during the holidays, so I knew they wanted to poke a long stick up through my nose and into my brain.  Ten minutes later, we knew I had Type A flu.


However, my blood pressure was spot-on perfect.


1 comment:

  1. Definitely not the Type A you want! Feel better soon and yahhhooo on the blood pressure!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails