Friday, January 25, 2013
Good Health for Cheapskates
• Instead of joining an expensive fitness center, why not just use the exercise equipment at Sears until the security guard asks you to leave?
• Can’t afford a personal trainer? Try using a puppet that you make shriek at yourself to do more sit-ups.
• Don't be afraid of frozen fruits and vegetables; yes, there’s a chance you could get trapped in the freezer case while reaching for the that bag of green beans, but the likelihood is slim.
• You can make your own Cheeto’s by mixing a little enriched corn meal, vegetable oil whey, salt, cheddar cheese, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, maltodextrin, disodium phosphate, sour cream, artificial flavor, monosodium glutamate, lactic acid, artificial colors (including yellow 6) and citric acid.
• Greek yogurt too expensive? Try regular yogurt with a few Greek olives in it.
• Don’t go to the grocery store when you’re hungry or have a lot of money.
• You can make your own weights by getting a stick and attaching an equal amount of some sort of weight on each end.