Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Invictorious!

With apologies to William Ernest Henley 


Out of this fat that covers me, 

Squishy and soft from head to toe, 

I thank whatever gods may be


That I decided it was time to go. 
  


In the fell clutch of carbohydrates,
My appetite was my personal Hitler.


I’ve rescued myself from dire straits,
My gut is flabby but gettin’ littler.

Beyond the hard work and sacrifice,
Looms a brand new day and attitude.
My future now that I’ve paid that price,
Finds and shall find me a healthy dude.
   



The future’s ours, and I tell you that,

That is the moral of my tale. 

I am the master of my fat; 

I am the captain of my scale.


5 comments:

  1. For a minute, I thought you said "Hennessy!"
    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this set to music, and added to my jogging playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of your best poetic efforts. Nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol @Anne...hennessy. love this version.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails