Tuesday, March 29, 2011
More Healthy Travel Tips
• It's important to stay hydrated, so plan to drink plenty of hydration.
• Encourage everyone at your departure gate at the airport to participate in a spontaneous Zumba session.
• Get a peddle-power rent-a-car.
• You can turn the desk in your hotel room into a treadmill by finding someone who's interested in trading a treadmill for a hotel desk.
• Be incredibly late for your flight.
• If you're a passenger on a long car trip, stand up through the sunroof. No, there's nothing particularly healthy about it, but it feels like you're running really, really fast.
• Ask concierge how many lobby laps equals 5K.
• Pack healthy snacks like rice cakes, apple slices, baby carrots and... oh who am I kidding? You're not going to do that...
• Some people use out-of-town travel as an excuse to get drunk and act a fool, but I'm telling that doesn't have to be the case. You can get drunk and act a fool at home, too.
• Do a few reps of suitcase curls.
• There's no place better for a relaxing stretching session than the floor of a truck stop restroom.