Sunday, September 7, 2014

Square One: Everyone’s Favoritest Square!

Every game has it.

Square One.

The place you start, the spot you stand on before you make your first move.

And that’s where I’m standing.

Once again.

Ready to roll.

If this were a Monopoly game, I’d be my favorite piece, the thimble (yes, the thimble!), shaking the dice in my hands and ready to roll doubles, then doubles again and then doubles one more time and… what? I have to go to jail just for rolling three doubles in a row? Well, then… if I’m stuck in jail, I’ll just use that time working out and getting in… huh? I can just pay $50 and get out. Well, why wouldn’t I do that? I mean, it’s just $50…

And if this were the game of Life, I’d be revving up my little convertible, and ready to fill my automobile up with a slew of baby-blue boy pegs and pretty-pink girl pegs. I’ve always wanted a large-peg family!

And if this were Clue, I’d be ready to guess the murderer already. Colonel Mustard in the Drawing Room with the Soap-on-a-Rope! Why is that my guess? Because I’m ready to get going, baby! Plus, Colonel Mustard just looks guilty!

And if this were Settlers of Catan, I’d… ummmmm… what the hell is Settlers of Catan?

And if this were Trouble, I’d pop the Popomatic popper and just keep popping until all the other players got super annoyed and left the room. Pop! Pop! Pop! Pop!

And if this were Candyland, I’d be prepared to count cards because, according to DataGenetics website, as cards are drawn, they are used and discarded and so the probability of which card will be turned up next is dependent on cards that have already been seen. To work through every possible combination of ways that the cards could be arranged in the deck is computationally infeasible.  

And if this were Don’t Break the Ice, my strategy would be to not break any ice.

I am on Square One.

Ready, set…


GO!


5 comments:

  1. In-laws gave one of my kids Settlers of Catan. We opened the box, spent an hour organizing all the little pieces and reading the directions, then tried playing. I think we made it for about 10 minutes before we all quit.

    The best part about being on square one is that it's a brand new beginning and you can play the game anyway you want. However, you do need a great strategy; once you place those battleships on the board there's no turning back!
    -FogDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've all been there, way more than one time. Square One, you get to decide what DIDN'T work last time, and hunt for the best new 'right way' out there for yourself now. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waves at you from square two. C'mon, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the game of life for sure - you can do this Jack!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails