Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Doze Were The Days

I can’t come by and sing you a lovely lullabye with my sweet, soothing voice, but I can offer you some useful tips to help you get a better night’s sleep. Sweet dreams!

• Turn off any sirens that may be going off in your bedroom.

• Some foods may help you fall asleep easier, including cereal, hummus or an Ambien sandwich.

 Getting in a little gentle, restorative yoga before you hit the sack can help put your mind at ease, steady your breath and remind you just how much you hate yoga.

 Don’t bring your electronics to bed, including smartphones, tablets and daiquiri-makers.

 Paint your bedroom wall a tranquil color and do not choose a wallpaper that features giant scary monsters.

 Try not to have a selfish spouse like I do; on cold nights, she always pushes all the quilts over onto my side of the bed. 

 Avoid alcohol at night unless you’re celebrating a special occasion such as a birthday, anniversary or you somehow managed to keep your kids alive another day.

Sometimes songs can get in your head, so don’t think about catchy songs like that “Cotton-Eyed Joe” one right before bedtime. You remember: “If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe, I'd been married long time ago. Where did you come from? Where did you go? Where did you come from, Cotton-Eye Joe?” NOW DON’T THINK ABOUT THAT ANY MORE!

   Getting in sync with your body’s natural sleep-wake cycle—your circadian rhythm—is one of the most important strategies for achieving if it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe, 
I'd been married long time ago.
Where did you come from? Where did you go?
 Where did you come from, Cotton-Eye Joe? DAMMIT!


4 comments:

  1. Great, now that damn song is stuck in my cotton-eye head! I also recommend a few Melatonin drops on the Ambien sandwich; it works every cotton-eye time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter did her dance performance to "Cotton-Eye Joe" last year, in a US cowgirl outfit. Keeping in mind that I am Australian, can anyone explain to me what this song means? What is a cotton-eye? Is it like a glass eye for poor farmers? Where did he come from? Where did he go? How did he stop the singer getting married, and why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh the old KEEPING THE KIDS ALIVE coupled with KEEPING THE DOG ALIVE AND ME ALIVE?
    that one trips me up every night...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails