Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hoosier Daddy?



There's a tradition in weight loss not to talk about the next step until you've climbed the one in front of you. I’m sure getting down to goal weight is beyond your wildest dreams, so let’s just keep it right here, right here in front of us. Forget about the potato chips, the size of those super-sized sodas, those fancy desserts and remember they got you here. Focus on the fundamentals that we’ve gone over time and time again. If you put your effort and concentration into eating well and exercising more, to be the best that you can be, I don’t care what the scale says at the end of the day. In my book, we’re gonna be losers! Okay?!


8 comments:

  1. Love Hoosiers, and great post. I think we can get caught up in the dreams when the only thing that matters is right now. We can control the process and that's about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Totally needed to read this... just as I begrudgingly opened a freshly popped back of natural, unsalted, unbuttered, as plain as can be bag of popcorn while coworkers eat bday cake... and Blue Bell ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Totally needed to read this... just as I begrudgingly opened a freshly popped bag of natural, unsalted, unbuttered, as-plain-as-can-be bag of popcorn while coworkers eat bday cake... and Blue Bell ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spot on Jack. It ties in with the 'Eating the Elephant' approach - one mouthful at a time. Or breaking things down into bite sizes rather than trying for the lot all at once.
    All too often we look at the mountain and forget that it is the first step that counts.

    The other idea I like for monitoring your weight loss is to forget the scales all together. Use your favorite pair of old jeans or pants that you can't quite button up any more. Then try them on once a week to see how the fit is going - when the button hole reaches the button you know you are on the way

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of ditching the scales, also yes breaking thing things down in to bite sizes really workes

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so true. I know I have lost weight in my jeans but the scales say different. I exercise 4 times a week so maybe I have put muscle on instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the worst thing you can do when trying to loose weight is to be a scale watcher, in the beginning its the inches that count and dropping in clothes sizes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of steps and setting and knowing the next step to help keep you motivated as you know you can achieve it, rather than concentrating on something big you might not believe you can achieve.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails