Monday, February 11, 2013
More Health Tips for Pregnant Ladies
• Though it sounds like it would be a time-saver, don’t take a month full of pre-natal vitamins at one time.
• Don't smoke or allow yourself to be exposed to secondhand, thirdhand or fourthhand smoke (a little fifthhand smoke never hurt anybody).
• DHA deficiency is very common and it is critical that pregnant women get adequate fish oils so that their baby can develop healthy and optimal brain tissue, so make sure you get plenty of oily fish in your diet.
• Pesticides on food is not healthy for your unborn child, so resist the urge to spray a bunch of pesticides on your food before eating.
• Adequate folic acid early in a baby's development helps prevent neurological defects such as spina bifida, which is apparently a real thing and not an 80’s hair band.
• Avoid sugar-free junk foods and junk-free sugar foods.
• If you’re planning to breast-feed, do not get the face of a scary monster tattooed on your boob.