Monday, October 19, 2015

Bye Bye, Landline

After over fifty years on this earth, I no longer have a landline in my home.

Goodbye, telemarketers calling during dinner.

Goodbye, college that I paid too much money to calling and begging for money.

Goodbye, nice young lady who just wants a few minutes of my time to answer a survey.

Goodbye, foreign-sounding guy who can save me a ton on my credit card bills but needs my credit number before doing so.

Goodbye, cordless phone receivers that hide throughout my house.

Goodbye, cordless phone receivers that, when I do find them, have no charge left.

Goodbye, vintage black rotary-dial kitchen phone that gives you a finger blister if you try to make a long-distance call.

Goodbye, wrong numbers that hang up without apologizing.

Goodbye, noxious political robo-calls.

Goodbye, ability to satisfyingly slam down the receiver in a huff.

Goodbye, annoying ring that disturbs my naps and shortens my showers.

Goodbye, unknown callers who forever remain unknown.

Goodbye, answering machine that we turned off over a year ago.

Goodbye, last phone number I will ever know by heart.




2 comments:

  1. We were going to get rid of ours, but our provider told us it was actually cheaper to keep it than to change to a package without one! We're moving to another city in less than two weeks so that may all change.

    Don't you memorise your mobile phone number?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails