Thursday, September 28, 2017

Losing Weight is a Lot Like Marriage

  • It all starts with a vow.
  • Some days are harder than others.
  • You’ll sometimes go to bed mad.
  • It takes some people several attempts to get it right.
  • Some people never get it right.
  • You have to work harder than you ever imagined.
  • It can be very rewarding.
  • At times, you might need a counselor to help get things on track.
  • Sometimes you want what somebody else has.
  • After you commit, you have to quit doing whatever you want.
  • Keeping it going is hard, but ending it is more expensive in the long run.
  • Cheating doesn’t lead to anything good.
  • It’s not going to work unless your spouse helps.
  • Some people do it for the children.
  • If it feels too much like work, chances are you’re not going to be successful with it.
  • It gives you a reason to become a better person than you already are.
  • If you do it right, it lasts the rest of your life.
I remember asking my Grandpa Noah how much it cost to get married. He thought it over, then replied, “I don't know, Jackie. I'm still paying for it.”

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your posts. They are engaging to read. Feel free to read my mom's weight loss journey if you are interested. I think you might like it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails