Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Time to get rolling

Do you know what Mark Twain once said about blogging?

NOTHING! NOTHING, YOU MORON. MARK TWAIN DIED IN 1910, AT LEAST FIVE YEARS BEFORE BLOGGING WAS EVEN INVENTED. JUST HOW STUPID ARE YOU?

Wait, I apologize. I’ve been going through a rough patch and I've let it affect me in less than positive ways. Part of it is just me feeling sorry for myself, and part of me is upset because so many of what I thought were loyal readers of JSGF didn't even bother to check up on me, even though I might have gotten seriously injured in a log-rolling accident or something. AND WHY IS LOG-ROLLING SO MUCH HARDER THAN IT LOOKS ON THE LUMBERJACK OLYMPICS? IT'S JUST RUNNING ON A FREAKIN' LOG FLOATING IN WATER!

I'm sorry. It's not you... it's me. I've packed on some pounds and have found myself right back where I was when I began this site oh-so long ago.

As I was staring up at the eclipse the other day, I had few revelations:

1. Maybe I can get my sh*t together and get on the path to a better, healthier me.

2. Maybe I can use this experience to teach myself a lesson in humility, perseverance and determination.

3. Maybe I should have spent the two bucks on those special eye-protecting glasses. 

No promises, but I'm going to do what I can to turn things around. 

As Mark Twain once said, “The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not."


Time to get doing what I'd rather not.

4 comments:

  1. You are a very funny writer. I love the Mark Twain reference, so true. I'm inching back to my highest weight as well. Ugh. Good luck to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey glad to see you blogging... missed you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Jack, I've missed your posts and am rooting for you. Hope things improve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, Jack! Here's to bringing along what works and leaving the rest. Onward.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails