Monday, November 16, 2015

Wishful Shrinking

I wish…

I wish I liked celery.

I wish the countdown clock on the treadmill would move faster.

I wish cheese had never been invented.

I wish I knew then what I know now.

I wish I had a teenager’s metabolism.

I wish I could fall asleep more easily and sleep more soundly.

I wish my gym bag didn’t smell like the Black Death.

I wish my blog would update itself occasionally.

I wish I had started this commitment to healthy living earlier.

I wish…


“If there's a single lesson that life teaches us,


it's that wishing doesn't make it so.” 
- Lev Grossman, The Magicians



3 comments:

  1. This wins sheerly for the Lev Grossman reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what Black Death smells of but I'll take your word for it that it's stinky stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I resemble a lot of this! I wish my blog would take care of itself for sure!!! I wish I got the benefits of cardio without having to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails