Monday, July 1, 2013

World War T

“OMG,” I screamed, rushing through the front then slamming it shut and throwing the deadbolt. “They’re back from the dead.”

“I’ve been warning you about the zombie apocalypse, Dad,” said my teenage daughter Pisa, putting down her book. “You’re safe though; zombies only eat brains.”

“It’s not zombies,” I shouted at my kind-of-funny but disrespectful-to-her-elders child. “It’s ten times worse!”

“Ten times worse than zombies?” asked Pisa incredulously. “Oh no… is it the Alabama cousins?”

“Worse than that,” I said, nailing some boards across the doorway. “Twinkies are back!”

“I thought they went out of business.”

“Well,” I explained. “They went bankrupt after an acrimonious fight with its unionized workers last year but they’re back up and running under new owners and a leaner structure. They plan to have Twinkies and other snack cakes back on shelves starting July 15.”

“Just don’t buy them,” said Pisa matter-of-factly.

“You don’t understand,” I told her. “They’re Twinkies! They will just show up in our pantry when we least expect it. They cannot die!”

“What if we taught the zombies to eat the all the Twinkies?” she asked.

“Pisa, Pisa, Pisa…” I smiled, shaking my head. “You’re a freakin’ genius. JUST LIKE YOUR OL’ DAD!”


5 comments:

  1. What if zombies are smarter than us and WON'T EAT TWINKIES???

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA...awesome. We need the zombies to eat the Hostess cupcakes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Love it. But the way I see it, at birth, everyone is allotted their quota of lifetime Twinkies. I just happened to use all mine up by the age of 30, so there are no more in my food bank!

    The Zombies AND anyone else can have my share. :-)

    p.s. I am in TN...keep 'em on YOUR side of the state!

    Carly @ The Next Right Choice
    (http://thenextrightchoice.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!

    Twinkies can have whatever of mine they want-- brains, arteries.. whatever just give me your deliciousness!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails