Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Challenge to Get Jacked Up About


You know how I am.

When I see people with something on their blog that I don’t have… well, I get sh*tty.

Then I get whatever it is that they have that I don’t have.

Lately, I’ve been seeing folks throwing down the weight loss gauntlet to all their readers. It’s all weight loss challenge this, weight loss challenge that. It was just too much to bear.

So you are cordially invited to take part in my inaugural weight loss challenge: Jack Sh*t’s Kick-Ass Half-Ass Half-A-Pound Challenge. All participants will have one week in order to lose one-half pound.

I’m all about positive reinforcement, so I didn’t want to set the bar too high. I figured a half-pound loss would be a do-able achievement over seven days. What if you lose more than the half-pound? Whoop de doo, you’re awesome… but for this challenge, it won’t win you any fat-free brownie points. Super over-achievers, go find yourself another more challenging weight loss challenge.

Why should you participate, you ask? Two reasons.

  1. All successful participants in this one-week adventure will have their names forever emblazoned onto the Jack Sh*t’s Kick-Ass Half-Ass Half-A-Pound Challenge Commemorative Poem.
  2. I hate to say it, but you could really stand to lose another half a pound.

In order to be eligible for this program, you must email me your name, the name of your blog (if you have one) and your official weigh-in start weight before (or around) midnight tomorrow (or slightly after if you live someplace weird like Liverpool or Australia or Cleveland). Send your entries to JackSh.tGettinFit(AT)gmail(DOT)com.

If you are participating, you may proudly display the snazzy JSKAHAHAPC emblem on your own blog or web site denoting your pride and participation. You may also invite your own readers to come join the challenge, but please keep in mind that I have to work in every winner’s name into the commemorative poem and I’m a pretty lazy son-of-a-b*tch, so don't make it sound too extra-fantastic.

In seven days, I will demand your current weigh-in information (there’s a chance I may show up at your home to verify weigh-in information, so no cheating!), and those participants whose half-ass efforts have resulted in a kick-ass half-pound loss will join me (am I participating? Oh, hell yeah!) in the loser’s circle.

Are you up to the challenge?

31 comments:

  1. Nice. My challenge idea is "Last Calorie Counter Standing." It's not a weight loss challenge, it's a "stay within your calorie budget challenge." If you go over, you're out! Last one standing wins! How many days can you survive?

    Kidding. Not really doing one, but you never know!!

    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post my weight here wednesday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hot summer challenge!
    MY current summer challenge is to have a "boring summer" - The Most Boring Summer Ever - no drama, no melt-downs, no bingeing, just stickin' to it.
    You challenge sounds more- er, challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always up for a challenge. I don't know though. If I just need to lose half a freaking pound, I might have to cut out sex this coming week. Don't want to go over achieving or anything like that. Pffttt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good to me! I could stand to lose many half-pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your two reasons for joining. And you're welcome to come check my scale, but you have to make me laugh while you visit. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a challenge I can sink my teeth into! I'll be sending my info tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First Im not sure if this is a joke or a REAL challenge. lol Second I love the fact that the 1/2 pound is actually achievable for ME! lololollo

    so is it REAL? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm IN! This is totally perfect for me since I am officially in Maintenance mode and half-pound is just what I need to stay there.

    Jack, have you ever considered going on Twitter? We would love to have your 140-character quips to keep us laughing (and losing) all day! I know you'd have tons of friends (no pun) instantly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is as REAL a challenge as any challenge ever challenged. C'mon, TJ...don't be a wuss.

    And Foodie, if I started twatting and twittering, I'd never get anything else done...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would you really come to my home?
    God, I am sucker for anything. Count me in. Half a pound sounds do-able.

    Point two really got to me. You hit me deep, Jack Sh*t, deep.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I lose 1/2 lb. just from the calories I burn laughing at your blog. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh boy. Now this is one I think I can do! I am just half-assed enough to get this done. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'M IN! I'll give you my weight from my home scale tomorrow morning 6am PST time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hot diggity, a challenge made for me! What to do...what to do...my scales only weigh me in 2/10th increments. What happens if it shows taht I lost .4? Oh my word...I would be a failure! But .6 an overachiever! The pressure mounts!!! But I'm in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't own a scale. Can I make a weight up? Or guess? LOL Giving up chocolate has to be worth 1/2 a pound.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just sent off an email, count me in. I can give a half assed attempt at half a pound.

    ReplyDelete
  18. In the event that you do not have access to a scale, you may have someone else pick you up and guesstimate how much you weigh.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would take part, but I will be on a remote Scottish island on the due report-in time, with no interweb connection (the things a girl has to do to get away from you lot!).

    Look forward to seeing how many achieve it. It is a half-pound OFF, right?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm all in! This is hilarious! If I eff this one up, I might just end it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm in just to see how many names you can actually get in the poem, but I will lose all respect for you if you take the easy way out with Fatty Patty!! Oops, I am getting ahead of myself...I still need to lose 1/2 a pound.

    ReplyDelete
  22. If I lose 5 pounds on my own in a week, will you write a whole poem about me? DEAL OR NO DEAL?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just took a dook and lost 2 lbs.

    Now what?

    Can you top that shit?

    ReplyDelete
  24. youre too freakin funny.

    seriously.

    (*checks to see if the front door is locked*)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just sent you an email to join in the fun.
    Half a pound sounds great for my first challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mahaha I love your idea!! It's probably too late for me to join? But I'll be back to check how everyone does XD

    ReplyDelete
  27. When is the deadline for the weigh-in?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails